Newsela Have students read and write across the curriculum using the resources on this cool site. Once you join, you can set up your class rosters to track your students’ progress……free of charge!
Khan Academy This is a great resource for students who need extra support. You will need to set a teacher account. You can set it up using your Chatt Hills Google account.
Read Works Use this site to find high quality articles for your instructions! Sign up to gain access to the articles and receive newsletters.
Fine Arts Standards:
Project Zero Artful Thinking Routines
Real School Gardens
Important Dates & Announcements
· Specialists Team meeting—Tuesday @ 7:25 am
· Planning in USA Test Prep based on data analysis —Tuesday @ 7:25 am
· Real School Gardens visit—Tuesday (select teachers)
· Data Lead meeting—Tuesday @ 4:00 pm in I2
· Team Lead meeting—Tuesday @ 4:00 pm in A2
· Grade Level meeting —Wednesday @ 7:25 am
· Integration PD—Wednesday @ 7:45 am in F1 (for new teachers and anyone who needs a refresher)
· STEP guided reading visit—Wednesday (for select teachers)
· Co-teaching PD—Thursday @ 7:15 am in Bldg. L (for co-teaching teams)
· Crew Activities—Friday @ 7:15 am
Test Prep & Review Strategies for Grades 6-8 – Here you will find ways to ease students’ anxiety and build their confidence about test taking.
Did You Know?
The most successful way to improve the reading achievement of low-income children is to increase their access to print. Newman, Sanford, et all. “American’s Child Care Crisis: A Crime Prevention Tragedy”; Fight Crime: Invest in Kids, 2000.