Important Dates & Announcements
- Student Council Meetings
- SC 1—1/25 @ 8:15 in bldg. M
- SC 2—1/26 @ 8:15 in bldg. M
- Mayor’s Night Out—1/25 @ 6:00 pm
- Groundbreaking Ceremony—1/26 @ noon (Click here for the invitation.)
- CHCS FastBridge testing window—1/29-2/7
- Trimester 2 exams—2/8-2/9
- STEP Winter window (Grades K-5) —2/12-2/23
Did You Know?
Did you know………
Children who are “well-read-to” (at least five times a week), when asked to tell a story, used more literary language than unread to children, and they used more sophisticated syntactic forms, longer phrases, and relative clauses. They were also better able to understand the oral and written language of others – an important foundation for the comprehension skills that will develop in the coming years. Wolf, M. (2007). Proust and the Squid: The Story and Science of the Reading Brain. New York: Harper Perennial.